Pretty strange one, here. This is singer/songwriter Will Oldham (a.k.a. Palace Songs, Bonnie “Prince” Billy) in an eleven-minute short for Dogfish Head. Vision of a dystopian future in which beer – reduced to its lowest common denominator – is crafted by computer. Dystopian, indeed.
Author Archives: drew wehrle
Dogfish Head’s foray into the soap business. This bar’s main ingredient is 90 Minute Imperial IPA. I’m certainly no expert on the industry, but it does smell nice… recommended!
One of several reasons to pick up the Jan/Feb issue of Draft magazine is a feature on the 150 best “Beer Bars” in the country. Just looking at the editors’ Chicago picks leads me to think they’ve definitely done their homework. Keep this issue in your wheelie luggage. Here were the Windy City selections:
- Clark Street Ale House, 724 N. Clark St. [link]
- Duke of Perth, 2913 N. Clark St. [link]
- The Hopleaf Bar, 5148 N. Clark St. [link]
- Local Option, 1102 W. Webster Ave. [link]
- The Map Room, 1949 N. Hoyne Ave. [link]
- Sheffield’s Beer and Wine Garden, 3258 N. Sheffield Ave. [link]
- Small Bar, 2049 W. Division [link]
Any glaring omissions?